måndag 5 januari 2009

Hot Humid Hell!!

I had a hell today. It was just soo hot and humid, I thought I was going to pass out. I'm not proud to say that I walked out of the room during class, but I did. Twice.
Now, I've been down with a cold for about a week and I haven't been able to practice since the studio has been closed a lot during the holidays, so as I stepped out of the room for the second time tonight I thought it had to do with my cold. I was a bit bummed out for being such a wuz, walking out of the room like that, but I didn't think about it all that much. I went back in and I finished the class. I even did two camels that I thought were pretty ok.
After class I found out that the fresh air system had died in the middle of the class and the humidifier had gone berzerk, cranking the humidity up to a nice 75%! No fucking wonder it was tough in there, no wonder half the students were lying on their mats and walking in and out of the room. It was a sweet (sweat) relief to know it wasn't just all in my mind - I actually did pretty well concidering what was going on in there!
Hmm...maybe practice again tomorrow...?

I finished writing a new song today after I got home from work. Sara - my wife - said she saw me drumming on one occation in class today...oops! I didn't even think about it, but it's always hard to completely let go of a song when I have been working on it just moments before.
I wrote the song after I had read "the Memory of Running"by Ron Mac Larty. The first 50 pages or so, I thought the book was just "ok", but as I kept reading it really grew on me and now - 4 - 5 days after I finished it, it is stuck in my head. I really liked it a lot, and I wanted to write something about it so I came up with a song. I think I'll call it " You'll Wake Up In America".
I guess all of us has some waking up to do in one way or the other...

Inga kommentarer: